At one point in our lives most of us think 'what do I have to do to change my life'. Even the ultra rich experience this human phenomenon. I think we go through this stage in life because we somehow think that there is something better out there waiting for us, or that there is a better way to live our life.
It could be that what we really want to accomplish is to leave a legacy so we are remembered. Contrary to popular belief, most people want to help others. It is in our nature to support each other.
With that in mind, here are eight ways that you can create something great which will leave a lasting legacy with your name on it. These steps require that you do a little thinking. Keep in mind that you may have to get out of your comfort zone if you want to accomplish something great.
The eight steps listed below were adopted from a Wunderlist I found online entitled, "How to Create Something Great".
1. To begin, think about something that can improve people's lives. C'mon think about it.
2. Do you have it? Awesome! Now, why are you going to do that and no other thing?
3. Cool! Now that you know two very important things, ask yourself:
- How can I do it?
- What do I need?
4. Keep it simple, and think about one thing. How would it be perfect for you?
5. And now, ask your family, friends and team. How would it be perfect for them?
6. Okay, this is getting serious. You have to do something beautiful and functional. It won't be easy.
7. Once you have it, join your ideas and start working on it.
8. Don't do it only for the money, do it because you love what you do. The money will come later. If you're only focused on making money, you will not reach your objective most of the times.
There you have it! Eight steps which will help you create something great to leave a lasting legacy behind. When do you think you will begin the process of creating?
Maybe you can begin by setting goals to change your life. It wouldn't hurt to try and it may actually lead to something awesome.
If you want to download a PDF version of this article please click on my lin> 8 Steps to Creating Something Great